Old September 5th 13, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

Default Calling Mr Cheerful

"brianrob1961" wrote in message
On 05/09/2013 18:57, John Benn wrote:
"brianrob1961" wrote in message
I am still waiting for you to give me/us a list of your ideas for
cyclists
to improve their safety, other than to obey the laws of the road.

Wear high visibility clothing. Don't deliberately obstruct other road
users. Wear protective head gear and elbow and knee protectors.

The list is almost endless.

Oh, and most importantly, obey the Highway Code. This bit isn't
optional.

Must admit the elbow and knee protectors are a new one on me. Don't you
think that there comes a limit with such protection where the very freedom
that encourages people to cycle is compromised?

Brian.

PS Yes, the last bit IS optional. I break the highway code all the time,
so it has always seemed like an option to me, anyway.

There lies the problem. See my other post regarding the Highway Code.