Old October 13th 17, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RJH[_2_]

Default UK e-bike boom predicted within two years as sales start to rise

On 13/10/2017 09:07, Bod wrote:
British cyclists might be finally embracing the electric bike after
sales rose steadily in 2016, with a “boom” apparently just around the
corner.

Electric bikes have proved exceptionally popular on the continent, as
commuters use them as *cheap and efficient ways to get to work*. Germany
has seen a particular boom in the electric bike market, with 535,000
units sold in 2015.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/la...p69QLe6bCMV.99

I'm not convinced. British roads aren't safe enough for cyclists yet.

I've got mixed feelings about the bikes too - strikes me that people
might buy them because they can't be bothered with exercise. Now, it's
better than say driving to work, but for different reasons.

Mind, if I had the money, I wouldn't mind one - looks highly amusing :-)

--
Cheers, Rob