Old October 13th 17, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default UK e-bike boom predicted within two years as sales start to rise

On 13/10/2017 09:12, RJH wrote:
On 13/10/2017 09:07, Bod wrote:
British cyclists might be finally embracing the electric bike after
sales rose steadily in 2016, with a “boom” apparently just around the
corner.

Electric bikes have proved exceptionally popular on the continent, as
commuters use them as *cheap and efficient ways to get to work*.
Germany has seen a particular boom in the electric bike market, with
535,000 units sold in 2015.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/la...p69QLe6bCMV.99

I'm not convinced. British roads aren't safe enough for cyclists yet.

I've got mixed feelings about the bikes too - strikes me that people
might buy them because they can't be bothered with exercise. Now, it's
better than say driving to work, but for different reasons.

Mind, if I had the money, I wouldn't mind one - looks highly amusing :-)

When I used to go out ridng with my eldest son he would go slower for me
to keep up, but now on my Ebike it's me going slower for him to keep up :-)
They are a great leveller and yes they are really good fun

--
Bod