Old June 2nd 04, 10:05 PM
Simon Brooke

Default The world's most expensive bottle of diesel (was Getting more expensive.)

in message , Steve ')
wrote:

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , vernon levy
') wrote:

As I type this I realised that I have spent more in a year on
replacement parts for my bikes than I have in the past three years
for my car.

Ditto. Substantially!

... except for replacing the kingpins every 6 months.

Having just had to replace a pair of Ouzo pro aero forks, the tank's
smarting from lack of money spent.

Hah! This morning I cycled into my local bike shop to pick up 500ml of
RockShox '5 weight' damper oil for the front forks of my Mantra. Ten
quid, thank you, kerching!

Getting it home it looks like diesel, it smells like diesel, it pours
like diesel. But it costs a _lot_ more than diesel... Well, I knew when
I ordered it that '5 weight' oil must be another name for something
fairly familiar, and if I could be bothered to do a bit of research I
could get it a lot cheaper. And I couldn't be bothered to do the
research, so no point complaining now...

And the forks in question are now, 170ml of said precious embrocation
later, working very much better.

;; lovely alternative to rice.