Old March 9th 12, 07:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
NM

Default Drink driver banned after being caught four times the limit

On Mar 8, 9:08*am, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
On 07/03/2012 18:53, Tris wrote:

In *JNugent
*wrote:

On 07/03/2012 16:29, Tris wrote:
In post

Simon * wrote:

On Mar 6, 1:27 pm, * wrote:
Spare bulbs, warning triangle, first aid kit, fire extinguisher,
fluoroescent jacket for each person inside the car, V5 document,
driving licence, passport, evidence of insurance/green card,
international driving permit and visa (for some countries), spare
glasses, in some countries outside the EU a GB 'sticker' is required
even if you have euro-plates, so it is always safer to display one,
adjust the beam pattern to suit driving on the right so that the
dipped beam doesn't dazzle oncoming drivers, the use or possession of
devices to detect police radar is illegal in most European countries,
some require winter tyres at certain times of the year in which case a
minimum tread depth of 3mm is generally required (the Czech Republic
now requires 4mm), snow chains are important for any winter motoring
and compulsory in some countries even when using winter tyres,
motorway vignettes, road tolls and certain border entry taxes.

--
Simon Mason

and working windscreen wipers for fixed windshields, I believe. *:-)- Hide quoted text -

I had a bit of a daft moment recently.
I replaced the wiper blades on the 159 as they were worn out.
After I fitted them, I was concerned that they made a loud noise when
in use and also left big patches of screen untouched.

After a couple of weeks I realised that I had left the end protector
tabs on!

I bought some wiper blades from Halfords very recently. When the
check-out girl asked if I wanted them fitted, I answered that I would,
please. She then said that would be an extra £2.99. So I said, not to
worry and that I fit them myself.

After battling away for about half an hour in the car park, I went back
in and paid the £2.99 - it's cheap at half the price.

Ah yes...the joys of those "universal" wiper bladed, each with a free metal
link puzzle for you to enjoy for hours on end.

Just so - it is that they are designed to, supposedly, fit just about
every make of car ever produced that increases their complexity.
If each blade was just a straight swap there would hardly be a need for
Halfords to offer a fitting service.

That said, it was a bit irritating watching Halfords fit the blades in
the blink of an eye - and I don't doubt that if Mrcheerful had been
around, he could have done likewise.

Why are cyclists so terminally incompetent?

Mason blows out kitchen ring mains & fuses his car electrics, Cwispin
needs instructions for IKEA flat pack.

I replaced my wiper blades yesterday, took less than a minute, even in
heavy rain.

You mean you didn't take advantage of Halfords' offer to allow an
incompetent trainee to fit them for you for only £5.99.