Old September 30th 18, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed

Default Cyclists waste petrol

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 05:45:16 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 09/09/2018 01:08 PM, Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
I really ****ed off a horserider once. I was driving a very old Range
Rover automatic which had a conversion to LPG. It very often misfired,
made loud bangs, and changed gear without warning. I managed to cause a
small explosion and a loud revving of the engine just as I passed a
horserider coming the other way along a narrow country road. The horse
**** itself, and so did the rider.

I did better than that... I was coming down a narrow road that went past
a dude ranch on my Harley. Coming the other was was a herd of dudes on
their docile refugees from a canning factory led by a genuine wild west
cowboy. ****head's horse had a nervous breakdown while the guests' nags
barely roused from their stupor.

it doesn't take much to set them off. I've worked with horses enough to
know most of them are a neurotic bundle of nerves. If the horse can't
handle public roads, trailer it to a nice quiet horse trail someplace.

Indeed. Horses on roads were fine, before the invention of the motor car.

They weren't actually, lots got killed by them bolting etc.