Old September 14th 17, 12:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default This must be lies...

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 12:17:30 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 13/09/17 23:48, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 11:43:13 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
..according to the moronists here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-fi...ld-cycle-work/

Point 4 is a lie, cyclists subsidise moronists.

Though to be fair, the three modes aren't always interchangeable.

My last place of work was 18 miles each way. Car took 40 minutes, I took
75 minutes on the bike; and train, which did not go door to door so
involved bike and walk, took 60. I enjoyed the variety. Just a shame the
difference between train single and return was only 20p, so it wasn't
worthwhile training out and biking home.

Doesn't change the fact that motoring taxes only pay for 60% of the motorway maintenance budget.
The general tax payers have to cover the rest and cyclists are mainly high rate payers.