Old July 12th 18, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Cycle friendly roundabout claims its first victim

On 10/07/2018 18:40, MrCheerful wrote:

"There will be segregated cycle lanes and the points at which riders
cross the road will be controlled by traffic lights to avoid any
potential conflict. We hope this will be a blueprint others can follow."

Perhaps the above shows the problem, cyclists do not know traffic lights
apply to bicycles.

http://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/...rubbish-truck/

QUOTE:
[A] Wandsworth Council transport spokesman said: “This is an innovative
design and we expect it will be the first major roundabout in London
which separates cyclists from other traffic in this way. There will be
segregated cycle lanes and the points at which riders cross the road
will be controlled by traffic lights to avoid any potential conflict".

Traffic lights expected to avoid any potential traffic conflicts between
cyclists and other traffic?

Yeah, right.

There's your problem right there, and someone had to pay the ultimate
price to prove the obvious.