Old November 30th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Remember to help out your fellow cyclists that use CO2 ?cartridges.

wrote:

Maybe some people like the smallness and easy-stow-away factor of the
CO2 inflator. But, yeah, it does seem silly to drop money on something
that's totally free (i.e. air) and - unless you're an underwater or
space cyclist - available at any time.

All my frame pumps are small enough to count as neglible in weight
and bulk. They have the advantage of Not Running Out. Ever have four
flats in succession out in the middle of nowhere? I have. CO2 would
have left me walking.
I think what CO2 users don't like about pumps is -- pumping.
Sort of like the people who join gyms and then park as close as possible
to the entrance so that they don't get all worn out walking in.

Bill

__o | Better is a poor and a wise child than an old
_`\(,_ | and foolish king,who will no more be admonished.
(_)/ (_) | --Ecclesiastes 4: 13