Old May 27th 04, 10:20 PM
Mark Hickey

Default Why they hate us, was ( funny things to do on a bike)

(andres muro) wrote:

There was a titanium bike thread started a few days ago. Not a peep
from Mark to instruct us about titanium. instead he continues to be
entangled in a purely rhetorical exercise, which at this point is most
likely futile to all parties involved.

So, Mark: if you are engaging in this dialogue purely for fun, please
continue, but do not neglect your duties in this group as a ti expert.

Heh... you must mistake me for an OLD ti expert (ahem...). I think it
was Terry Morse who came up with what I believe is the right answer -
the Teledyne (Titan I think...) was the first production ti bike I am
aware of. That was well before I thought about getting into the bike
business (not long after I learned to RIDE a bike actually...). My
recollection is that they were not overly reliable, and that there
were no "braze-ons" but everything (including the down tube shift
bosses) were bolt-ons.

Everyone else: if you are doing this for fun, again, please continue.
However, in reading some of the posts, I can sense the frustration
that some of you may feel.

I hope I don't "sound" frustrated. Far from it.

So, how about some titanium?

Yes, please. Whichever candidate shows up on national news riding a
Habby gets MY vote... ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com