Old August 25th 15, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Scion[_2_]

Default Dump the pump - yet another fixed trial - and the village idiotfell for it.

Alycidon put finger to keyboard:

On Tuesday, 25 August 2015 03:15:26 UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
"The cyclist, meanwhile, could ride directly to the finish line,
where a City bike rack is located."

I mentioned that advantage just a couple weeks ago here.

At big box stores I cycle right up to the flag pole, tree, sign post or
bike rack next to the entrance, lock the bike and I'm cycling home with
my staple good, i.e., milk, flour, pasta, beer, chicken gizzards,
wilted greens, moldy bread, etc., before a motorist can even make it
across the huge parking lot.

I'm working on getting them to allow cycling into the store and down
the aisles to save even more time -- "zero stop shopping."

One problem with cycling into some banks is the trap doors need to open
faster.

I have cycled to some shops and taken my bike inside - the ones that
object, I refuse to patronise anymore and use friendlier ones instead.

Saves them banning you, I suppose :-)