Old October 9th 10, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Tony Raven[_3_]

Default Brighton Cyclist 900 quid down

Derek C wrote:

This incident was reported in this newsgroup before, but I didn't know
it had been caught on camera. The cyclist was spotted by a Police
patrol car riding at night without lights or reflectors on his bike.
He then deliberately rode through a red traffic light and then onto
the pavement. The police pulled him over with some difficulty just to
suggest that it would be a good idea to wheel his light-less bike home
on foot, but being a typical 'You can't touch me because I am a
cyclist and above the law' psycholist, he argued that he hadn't done
anything wrong, despite the above offences all being caught on the
police car video camera, and also being under the influence of drink.
Eventually the Police had to issue him with fixed penalty notices and
had to threaten him with arrest because he wouldn't give them his name
and address. What a knob! I am pleased that the Court decided to make
an example of him and imposed a hefty fine. If he had been a motorist
I am sure that many penalty points and a long driving ban would have
also been imposed.

Could you tell us what the rest of the programme and the episode before
and before that were about? Only I'm wondering how they keep a whole
series of programmes going on the behaviour of cyclists and what they
fill in the rest of the time with.

Tony