Old January 28th 17, 12:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default One punch Uber driver knocks out disabled cyclist

On 27/01/2017 23:12, JNugent wrote:
On 27/01/2017 17:22, MrCheerful wrote:
A wheelchair bicycle? I thought it would be Doug, but no.

The cyclist, 27, was allegedly attacked after he got into an argument
with the driver of a silver Toyota Prius who was attempting to overtake
him along a narrow street in Holborn on Thursday afternoon.
Witnesses said the cyclist, who was riding a wheelchair cycle, became
jammed between a parked car and the Toyota Prius but managed to force
himself free during the incident in Endell Street.
The motorist, who is believed to be a minicab driver, allegedly got out
of the car and punched the cyclist in the face after he banged his hand
onto the bonnet in frustration.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3451776.html

I'm sure we all remember Doug with a certain amount of fondness and
respect.

I hope he's still "with us".

They are all disappearing: 36 and a bit, Justin from Holland, Doug from
Catford, Tony whatever (not Dragon) , whatever weazeltemper, Captain
Trollbuster, that idiot with the train fetish, all gone, very sad.