Old April 2nd 19, 01:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

Default Another Cyclist rants for getting a fine for riding in a nocycling zone

On 18/03/2019 17:05, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...-ban-1-8851437

Don't cycle on the footway (or in any other pedestrian-only area) and
you won't get a FPN for cycling on the footway (or in any other
pedestrian-only area).

Not rocket surgery, is it?

But I see that he claims he only rode his bicycle in a pedestrian zone
for “three or four metres” ... before fully dismounting. So he feels
hard done by.

Actually, I could support him in that, but only if I could believe that
he would, reciprocally, support a penalised driver who had impinged with
a motor vehicle into/onto a pedestrian zone to the same sort of distance
(are there all that many 4 metre-wide footways?). What are the chances,
would you say?