Old May 12th 19, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Wheel/Spoke Magnets

On 12/05/2019 15:27, sms wrote:
On 5/12/2019 1:29 AM, Tosspot wrote:
Anyone know of some 'decent' ones. The Sigma supplied ones won't
attract a whore in a crack house. The Bosch type ones always seem
to corrode and fall off, and on top of that are easy to X-Thread.
The Cat-Eye ones don't seem to stay put[1]. The Echowell/Yamaha
ones seem pretty decent but are like rocking horse **** this side
of the pond. Any other ideas?

[1] Yes, it is getting OCD!

When I lost the cadence magnet on my crank I used a hard-drive
magnet, i.e. https://www.ebay.com/itm/173209158372 but I got some
used ones from someone I knew at a disk drive company. I heat
shrinked it over the crank. I guess for a wheel magnet you could use
some cable ties or some baling wire and attach one of these to the
spokes. The pick-up doesn't have to be so close to the magnet when
you use a disk drive magnet.

That's an idea. They have various holes that would take small nuts and
bolts and we get through a lot of disc drives at work.