Old May 13th 19, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Wheel/Spoke Magnets

On 5/12/2019 10:06 PM, Tosspot wrote:

snip

It isn't a problem per se.Â* For some reason there is a *big* gap between
the spokes and the Surly LHT frame, which means at best, standard
magnets are intermittent.Â* The fix is obvious, a small neodymium disc
magnet, but this tends to cause enough of some adverse force to cause
the above problems.Â* In short, the Sigma ones don't cut the mustard,
different ones work ok for a year or two.Â* I want a good magnet, that
stays put, doesn't corrode and I can't fyckup fitting.

I think that a disk drive magnet, covered with heat-shrink tubing to
prevent corrosion, and attacked to the spokes through the holes on the
mount, would work. A bit heavy though.