Old May 22nd 19, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Bottle holder

On Tue, 21 May 2019 18:17:57 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Wed, 22 May 2019 06:26:45 +0700, John B.
wrote:

please awaken us and tell us exactly what "machine
shop" features one requires to drill holes in a thin tube?

Probably a V-block and a drill press. I have several of these:
https://www.eastwood.com/drill-press-v-block-fixture-center-it.html

Yes a vee block and a drill press... ever try to squeeze a drill press
into a bicycle frame? Maybe https://tinyurl.com/y42ws9q4

More of the same:
https://www.google.com/search?q=v+block&tbm=isch
Add a proper installation tool:
https://www.amazon.com/RZX-Riveter-Riveting-Setting-mandrels/dp/B07P7M4BKF/

Ah yes. But do you notice that this tool is described as "This is the
most labor-saving riveting gun on the market" Do we need a "labor
saving riveting gun" to install two rivnuts? At $69.98?
When ParkTools tells us how to install rivnuts with simple hand tools
that almost anyone has already? That would be what? ~$35 a rivnut
versus ~$0.00 a rivnut for tooling?

Also, I suppose a sharp drill bit, which only seems to be found in a
machine shop, would be useful.

:-) Why, you can actually buy a brand new, sharp, drill bit at Home
Pro or, probably, many other shops. I see a M7 drill bit listed on the
Internet at A$3.36. That is Australian dollars, about 1.37, or so to
the U.S. dollar. So US$2.45 for a brand new sharp drill bit divided by
two holes is $1.22 per hole versus, what did you post? $35 a hole?

It appears that Y'all have a very large cache of "disposable income"
:-)
--
cheers,

John B.