Old April 5th 20, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kelly[_2_]

Default There are some odd drivers about!

Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 9:16:54 PM UTC+1, Kelly wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 8:22:25 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 8:05:52 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 4:49:31 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

I love it on single tracks when an impatient driver gets delayed by
having to negotiate a way past another driver.

I love it on motorways when there are tailbacks for miles and drivers
happily put up with it, seeing at least pesky cyclists aren't
involved.

Which motorway did you throw yourself onto?

A63 - not a motorway though, but a 70mph dual carriageway.

I also got run over by a 44T truck, don't forget!

And you're still here to tell the tale... can I ask how well have you
recovered from that ordeal?

I am very well, thank you with only a little residual damage to my left leg where the truck ran over it. I can't run anymore, but can walk and cycle OK. I was very lucky!

I enjoy reading biographies and am often amazed by what some people
have survived and achieved in their lives. And the truth is that
usually you just never know what someone else has gone, or is, going
through... anyway, stay lucky (I know this is what so many other
people are wishing for during these present uncertain times too).