Old June 30th 16, 01:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default winged dome nut (photo) and "master wrench"

Emanuel Berg wrote:
avid Scheidt writes:

: And slower with less power (yeah, the slip).
:
: Knipex Pliers Wrench!

:... what about them? They are faster and
:slip less?

Yes.

:They look like polygrips but with a flat grip.
:Are the positions adapted to nut sizes?

They have a fairly large nummber of positions, so they're usually
close.
The two jaws are always parallel to each other. Usage is to open
them up, push the botton that locks the sliding jaw in place, and
slide the jaws so they're wider than the thing you're using them on.
Put the fixed jaw on one side, push the button and slide the sliding
jaw up. then squeze and turn or bend or twist or whatever it is you
need. It's easier to do that than ot say it, and with some practice
you do it one handed. The movement of the jaws as you close the plier
handles is small -- on the 250mm model, it's about 6 or 8 mm, with a
handle swing of 125 or 150 mm. so they can grip very tightly if required,
or normally tightly with less hand force. I use mine for not only the
things I'd use an adjustable for, but also for things like bending
sheet metal.

--
sig 119