Old July 7th 19, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default Carbon Frame Reliability

On Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 2:14:50 PM UTC-7, James wrote:
On 7/7/19 10:06 am, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 4:56:54 PM UTC-7, James wrote:

Most of them have two bikes. A frame may be discarded after a
serious crash or at the end of a season. Generally not before.
Certainly not after every race.

The actual sponsor of a Pro Team said that is what they do. Where are
you getting your information from?

An actual pro.

--
JS

James, so your "actual pro" knows more about what happens with the dimensions they take from him than the factory does? As I said, the man who sent this to me is that man who saved my life. The man who spent 30 years as a detective for the Federal Government. He was good enough to catch quite a few foreign spies. That isn't a rumor because I read it in the NCIS house organ praising his work. Do you suppose he doesn't know what questions to ask?

Looking at videos that show the mechanics trucks what you can discover is that each rider has two bikes minimum. Plus TT bikes. What's more, there is an entire line of bare frames why would you suppose that is? Even on GCN they mentioned that the cameras purposely pan away when the frames break up. One of the mechanics said that they often carry off these crashes in a wheel bag.

The idea that you can have ultra-light and ultra-reliable is rather opposite ideas don't you think?