Old July 7th 19, 11:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default Carbon Frame Reliability

On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 08:36:50 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 6:18:44 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 16:34:23 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 3:26:03 PM UTC-7, John B. wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 13:50:34 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Saturday, July 6, 2019 at 12:31:36 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Friday, July 5, 2019 at 4:33:54 PM UTC-5, Tom Kunich wrote:

He said that pro teams replace their framesets generally each race because they cannot take the chance injuring a rider with a failure. This is a famous Italian marque that has made bicycles since 1957. So the opinion of the factory should bear some weight.

Nonsense. There are 5 to 8 riders on each team at every race. So after every single rice/race, the bikes would need to be stripped and rebuilt with a new frame. We think of pro racing teams as being bottomless pits of money. But they are not. They have budgets and expenses and try to turn a profit. Every pro team would need to hire 2-3-4 extra mechanics permanently just to rebuild and strip frame after every single ride. This would be an extra half million dollars added to the budget. I know that sounds like a piddle amount to rich folks. But it adds up quickly. Half the pro bike teams would be out of business because they cannot stand that kind of expense. And pro bike sponsors would also stop sponsoring because giving away thousands of frames for free every year would not be worth the cost. I encourage you trumpians to at least add some believability to your lies. At least make your lies close or within sight of the truth.

Why don't you tell us all how long you've been making bicycles? Seems to me that only a moron will tell us that the factory doesn't know what they're talking about. So how long have you been making bicycles and of what materials?

You seem to be saying that something that what someone told you that
somebody else said must the truth, and all of the truth, but in
reality the real question is not what someone says that someone else
says but what is happening in real life. Do T de F teams actually
change frames, for every team member, every race?

Perhaps they do but to date I haven't read any reports by bicycle
reporters to that effect and I would think that it might be of great
interest to the bicycling world that this was happening.

But perhaps all the bicycling reporters are being bribed to not report
such truths by a conspiracy of all the carbon frame makers who pay
them large sums of money to ignore the truth.
--
cheers,

John B.

You have just lost the ability to ever pretend that you were an engineer. If you haven't watched the actual tests of aluminum and carbon fiber parts on YouTube you've shown exactly what a dope you are.

Nope I have never watched youtube to obtain any engineering data of
any nature. I far prefer to read the documents put out by the various
firms that manufacture, or test, the material. I recently posted some
data on the strength of carbon fiber versus metals and I certainly
didn't watch youtube to get that data. I went to the group that
actually did the testing.

I cringe to even imagine the results of someone making a proposal to
built something like the Bay Bridge and getting up in a meeting and
saying, "Yes, we got all our material strength values from youtube".

We might ask Frank whether he ever suggest that his engineering
students got their data from youtube. Or perhaps what his reaction
would have been if anyone had submitted a paper with a footnote saying
that "the values above were obtained from watching youtube".

You demonstrate once again how far removed you really are from
reality.
--
cheers,

John B.

Exactly who do you think you're kidding? You have read diddly squat. You certainly show that you've never actually been an engineer. My suspicion is that you were exactly like my uncle and were a supervisor on mechanical constructions.

And how do you know that I've not read "diddle squat"? Are you
sneaking into my house at night to inventory my books and papers?

As for not being an engineer, well I can only assume that the company
I worked for was happy with my experience and capability. After all I
was largely responsible for the company winning a contract that
started in the hundreds of thousand dollar monthly billing range and
rose to a million a month billings.And just think. that was only one
of the contracts that we had, albeit the largest.

As for reading diddly squat? Well, if I am continually correcting your
wild eyed statements with facts it would seem to me that you must be
reading less, or perhaps your vaunted Youtube movies aren't telling
you the truth.
--
cheers,

John B.