Old September 23rd 09, 02:07 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone

Default Indeterminate jail term for killer driver?

"Doug" wrote in message
On 22 Sep, 08:07, "Brimstone" wrote:
Doug wrote:
In truth nowhere is safe on our roads and pavements and
the totally innocent can be killed at any moment by a run-away driver.
One wonders why driving tests are so lax, and taxation and justice so
slight, as to allow so many people to get behind the wheel and then
present a serious threat to others. Isn't it long overdue that this
widespread menace should finally be reigned in and reduced to
reasonable proportions, if killing people can ever be considered
'reasonable'?

How does any of that prevent someone suffering a heart attack whilst
driving
Doug?

It minimises the number of people who are likely to kill as a result
of a heart attack, obviously.

How does it do that Doug? Perfectly fit people suffer heart attacks with no
warning at ll.

You must agree that it is important to
get as many killers as possible off our roads?

In which vein Doug, when are you going to give up using the roads? You
admitted that you're not fit enough to retain proper control of your
bicycle. Imagine the consequences if you lost control and veered into the
path of a car forcing the driver to swerve and knock over another cyclist.
Could you live with yourself?