Old December 26th 03, 01:53 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Default carbon fiber fork question

ted- I have a Specialized Allez alluminum frame and am thinking about getting
carbon fiber fork for it. I have seen forks with cro-moly steering tubes,
alluminum steering tubes, and carbon fiber steering tubes. Are there any
differences as to strengh and durability? BRBR

Not in the practical sense, they just weigh less than one another. BUT there is
a maximum number of spacers you can put under the stem on a carbon steerer. For
1 inch it is generally about 1 inch(2.54cm). With the other two, steel and
aluminum, no maximum. You need just about any threadless 1 inch HS.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302