Old May 22nd 05, 02:49 PM
Ohio Jerry

Default "New" WizWheelz

Well folks, I did it.

After reading all the posts replying to my question about pedal steer,
I called someone who had a tadpole and asked him about his impressions
after having ridden it for a while. I also had the idea of wheedling a test
ride out of him. He said he liked it but hadn't used it much. In fact he was
thinking of selling it. So I tried it out and bought it the next day.

I think I got a real good deal:
Terra Trike 3.4
100 PSI tires
Rack, Lotsa lights, Mirrors, Air horn, Fairing, Doorbell (Bing-Bong !)
Computer
18 months old, 105 miles
$900

Pedal steer was no problem for me, but after putting about 15 miles on
it I thought "This thing is a @#$% dog! I didn't expect it to be real fast,
but this is ridiculous!" Anyway, the left disk brake started "singing". I
felt the disks and both were hot. The brakes were dragging all this time!
It was like riding uphill all the time. Adjusting them made a huge
difference.
Afterwards, it wasn't *too* hard getting up into the 20+ MPH range.

I also removed the fairing. It seemed to interfere with the "trike
experience".
It also made it kind of a challenge for an old fart like me to get in & out
of the
seat. I'm not that fast a rider anyway--somewhere close to Ed Dolan's 10-11
MPH
average--at least in an urban area.

Speaking of Mr. Dolan..You were right about multiple bents. Between my
wife and I we now have three of 'em.

Jerry