Old January 30th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc

Default 84-Year-Old Woman Whacks Red-Light-Running Cyclist with Handbag

On Jan 30, 2:06*am, (Bill Z.) wrote:
Tom Sherman writes:
aka Mark Pritchard wrote:

What about all the pedestrians who endanger cyclists by wandering out
into the roadway with all the sense of a beheaded chicken? When will
the authorities crack down on this menace?

I've seen worse. *One time some guy was running down the bike lane (he
was running in the opposite direction as traffic), ignoring a
perfectly good sidewalk, saw me, and immediately jumped to his right
to put himself right smack in my path. Between him and some parked
cars, the whole lane was suddenly blocked.

That's beyond clueless. Given the near accident he caused, I expressed
my displeasure in no uncertain terms. *Fortunately I manged to stop
before hitting him or having to swerve into a lane with a possibility
of overtaking traffic.

It's not clear what you do to avoid someone when you've just seen them
purposely jump into your path. *BTW, the sidewalk was completely empty.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

It's perfectly clear what to do - Manual.