Old November 10th 08, 06:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default a good reason for the Banana Revolution

Doug wrote:
'I’m all for living within your means, but your ability to make and
keep a budget depends on having an idea of what your electricity is
going to cost from month to month, and what the groceries and gas
prices will be. The current crisis involved many people who were
living within their means, who saw gas prices skyrocket and utility
bills go through the roof. They were no longer able to pay their
mortgages, and running off and joining the military isn’t always an
option. Say they sell the house to live more cheaply, and get an
apartment. Apartment rents are also soaring because everyone else is
doing the same thing. I personally can’t downsize any more than I
already have. I don’t even have cable TV.

It was this “let them eat cake” philosophy that started the French
revolution.'

***

And there’s no better way to downsize but to ride a bike… and yet you
can’t.

I guess that’s a good reason for the Banana Revolution, right?