Old November 13th 08, 06:14 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default a new definition of patriotism

On Nov 12, 8:23*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message

(OK, now that the hyenas and the lion are a thing of the past --or so
we hope-- let's see how we can help Obama)

HOW WOULD YOU HELP OBAMA?

You know he's all about CHANGE (or so he said in his campaign),
leading the country to energy self-sufficiency sometime in the near
future. So how would you help him reach that goal?

He never mention the word "bicycle" in his political speeches (that I
know of), but I'm assuming that would be priority #1 under an
Administration that is both SMART and BROKE. Yes, its budget is
limited, so we better start helping him from the base, meaning our
rusted bikes must be put to use. We just ask him for some moral
support if not bike lanes.

Well, if you are a couch potato, you can still put some energy-
efficient lights since it would be too much to ask of you to junk your
SUVs... *

There is no animal so disgusting, so vile that it deserves comparison to
you, for even the lowest, dirtiest, most parasitic member of the animal
kingdom fills an ecological niche. You fill no niche.
To call you a parasite would be injurious to the thousands of honest
parasitic species. You are worse than vermin, for vermin does not pretend
to be what it is not. You are truly human garbage.

I can see you really have a command over the worst adjectives even if
you are not able to say something cohesive, like a vision of the
world, other than one with dinosaurs and roaches. I guess a few hyenas
too.

By the way, do you also agree with these dinosaurs (SUVs)?

Originally Posted by boneshake
"No, SUVS are the enemy."

And they help the enemy too...

I think we are under a new definition of patriotism: Under Bush it was
displayed as a bumper sticker that said, "We support our troops" on
your SUV. But under Obama, it's simply riding a bike.