Old November 18th 08, 06:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default I am convinced bicycling is not safe

On Nov 18, 4:10*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message

[...]

Well, I knew the UK was a smarter place, not only because they have
tamed traffic to a higher degree, but also because they don't have a
Republican party.

The UK is one of the most ****ed up places on earth. Only France is more
****ed up. The last good prime minister they had was Margaret Thatcher who
at least had sense enough to know how to kick Argentine butt. I think the
Brits are still dumb enough to revere the late Winston Churchill when all he
ever did was preside over the demise of the British Empire. Great Britain is
no longer Great. It has now become a tiny kingdom by the sea.

And yet their worst error was to discover America. If it had been the
French, we would at least have good food.