Old July 23rd 03, 08:40 AM
Donny Harder Jr.

Default Bicycle commuting

In article ,
"Scott Bonner" wrote:

I ride a bike, and I drive a car. I never ride on bike paths, as they are
usually poorly designed, and then drivers get ****ed off when you dare get
on "their" rode.

Learn to ride on the road, and then all the new roads are new bike paths.

That is all well and fine. I, too, tend to stick to the streets. But
here in Chicago we have bike lanes that are nicely placed on the
streets. This funding might help out with making more miles a reality in
the city. Of course, we'll never know. There are also projects afoot in
the area to expand some of our out-of-the-city paths, which are
excellent, traffic- and trouble-free ways to bike. This is no good, no
matter how you cut it.

Typical, though, of narrow-minded politicians, though, who look as far
as the end of their noses. Support big business, big pollution and is
astonished when the inevitable happens. The good thing: EVENTUALLY, we
will run out of oil. I shall wave cheerfully at the $50,000 SUVs parked
in every American driveway.