Old July 3rd 19, 11:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 10:42:49 AM UTC+1, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 02:00:16 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 7:48:57 AM UTC+1, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 05:53:12 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Jul 2019 15:15:29 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 4:35:20 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 5:53:13 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:

Why was he there?

Andy Ngo was reporting for The Spectator, the oldest continuously
published magazine in the world.

Means absolutley nothing these days. Plenty of "media' collect click bait
articles by paid agents.

"oldest continuously published magazine in the world"

An interesting statement as "The Scots Magazine" was first published
in January 1776 and claims to be the oldest magazine in the world
still in publication while "The Spectator" was first published in
July 1828. But perhaps the confusion arises because almost certainly
the title was revived from The Spectator a daily publication founded
by Joseph Addison and Richard Steele in England, lasting from 1711 to
1712.
--
cheers,

John B.

Yo, Slow Johnny, thanks for the fact-check. You can be my new Google-bug, to replace one Carl Fogel/Vogel/whatever, who was a professional librarian but ran away. Or, more precisely, you can, as soon as you learn to read every word I write, and take the time to understand every word in its context, and of course whatever subtexts I give it, or ostentatiously refrain from giving it, as a message to the sophisticated (and wide-awake) reader. In this case, you're befuddled by missing out on the modifier "continuously" before "published". Do better.

Andre Jute
Relentless rigour -- Gaius Germanicus Ceasar

Well, I guess I'd be upset too if somebody pointed out that I didn't
know what I was talking.

Why should I be upset, Slow Johnny? You're doing a tedious little job for me for free. I always knew I could count on you.

By the way, did you ever lose enough weight to be able to ride your
bicycle up a hill? Or are you still using the "motor bike"?

Nah. That's just something else you didn't read carefully enough to understand. It's not about weight, it's about a heart rate limit that I negotiated with the therapists and my cardio team after heart surgery. The motor fills in any exertion above that level. Don't bust a gut about it; it probably isn't important to you.

--
cheers,

What do you have to be so cheerful about, or is it just a reflex knee-jerk?

John B.

Andre Jute
Duh