Old September 24th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default OT - Real Terrorists? (was: Support on my 300+ mile ride)

You mean the terrorstinians? As in Fatah? Hamas? al-Aqsa Brigade?
Islamic Jihad? They have many other names too, but they all boil down
to the same thing: Death to anyone who is not in their clan and then
a war among themselves to see who's the boss over the rubble that is
left.

Any more ignorance, hatred and bigotry to share with us?

I suppose you consider it just fine when the IDF and European Zionist
colonists slaughter innocent Palestinians?

Why must we assume the worst? This isn't rec.bicycles.racing, but it's
beginning to sound that way. I went to the web page for the Arava
Institute, and it looks pretty darned progressive. They've taken a
stance against the army involving bringing Palestinian students
on-board, and even has this quote- "The first time I sat with 25
Palestinians, all the misconceptions I had about them flew out the
window," she said. "I became a peace addict."

Hardly what one would find from an organization run by hard-liners.

Maybe we should give peace a chance.

(And this is separate from my belief that people shouldn't be soliciting
contributions for benefit rides on rbm or rbt, which remains the case,
and it's rather surprising the OP didn't get flamed for that reason
alone.)

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
emanon (who?) anonymously snipes:

FIX YOUR QUOTING!

"Bob Tucker" wrote in message
[...]
The primary beneficiary of the Israel Ride is the Arava Institute
for
Environmental Studies. The Institute is working to confront the
serious environmental challenges in Israel, by creating a leadership
cadre of environmentalist, through important research, and through
public involvement. The Arava Institute draws students from across
the
Middle East, encouraging environmental cooperation between peoples,
and working towards peace and sustainable development on a regional
and global scale. The Institute brings together Israeli, Egyptian,
Jordanian, Palestinian

You mean the terrorstinians? As in Fatah? Hamas? al-Aqsa Brigade?
Islamic Jihad? They have many other names too, but they all boil down
to the same thing: Death to anyone who is not in their clan and then
a war among themselves to see who's the boss over the rubble that is
left.

Any more ignorance, hatred and bigotry to share with us?

I suppose you consider it just fine when the IDF and European Zionist
colonists slaughter innocent Palestinians?

"Terrorism is not an enemy. It cannot be defeated. It's a tactic. It's
about as sensible to say we declare war on night attacks and expect
we're going to win that war. We're not going to win the war on
terrorism. And it does whip up fear. Acts of terror have never brought
down liberal democracies. Acts of parliament have closed a few." –
General William Odom, U.S. Army Ret.