Old May 4th 13, 12:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default Canada's most dangerous city for cyclists

On May 3, 10:30 am, Andre Jute wrote:
On Friday, May 3, 2013 5:06:45 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, May 2, 2013 11:55:52 PM UTC-4, Dan O wrote:

On May 2, 8:15 pm, wrote:

On Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:29:30 PM UTC-4, James wrote:

On 03/05/13 11:02, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Whilst the article is interesting it's the comments below it that

really get me thinking. It's amazing how many people think that

bicyclists do NOT belong on the roads. Also interesting how many

bicyclists delight in flaunting the Rules of the Road whenever it

pleases tthem.

http://ca.autos.yahoo.com/news/canad...city-for-cycli...

Yup. We get that a lot.

I recently admonished one of our bicycling advocacy groups

http://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/becausealthough their goal is

admirable, their methods are highly questionable.

They reject all notions that any sort of vehicular cycling (which is

really what I would call defensive riding) has any usefulness, and say

it has "failed", though it was never taught to or practiced by many here.

It's been said: "It's not that vehicular cycling has been tried and found to be difficult. It's that it's been assumed difficult, and not tried."

It's been said: "krygowski you're a ****ing idiot!"

And you're still behaving like a drunken teenager, in your riding style, your garbage language, your anti-societal attitudes, your mini-minded posts, and probably in other ways we haven't heard about.

Too bad you're not really 15 years old. There would at least be hope of good sense arriving with maturity.

- Frank Krygowski

Aw, Franki-boy, I was just getting ready to feel sorry for you and say something calming to Dan, when you get on your high horse and stick your snot-nozzle in the air. You're your own worst enemy, man.

Yeah, I got a kick out that one, too.

And thanks, Andre - I also *do* realize that I need to calm down.
Thanks.