Old February 4th 20, 10:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Danger! Danger!

On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 08:54:06 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Monday, February 3, 2020 at 3:46:36 PM UTC-8, Joerg wrote:
Just received another four 700c tires from Summit Bicycles because I ran
out. The packing slip ends with:

"WARNING! Cycling can be dangerous! Bicycle products should be installed
and serviced by a professional mechanic. Never modify your bicycle or
accessories ..."

If I install the new tire myself and pump it to 100psi, might we hear a
muffled boom and see a mushroom cloud? And with all the mods on my MTB I
should be dead by now.

At least it didn't say not to eat the tires, or at least not without a
hot guacamole sauce :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

It certainly seems ridiculous that people like Jay force these sorts of things onto the public. Jay, didn't you say that you work for a firm that handles personal injuries? At what point does common sense end and the ability to blame someone else begin?

I suggest that you have the cart before the horse... but then you are
prone to do that, aren't you?

My experience with litigation was that it is the company or individual
that perceives that they were being cheated in some manner and went
hunting for a lawyer to take their case to court.

Example: The company I worked for was defrauded by the acts of a
company that they had contracted to perform work for and thus lost
about $1,000,000 on the project. Feeling a bit put upon we decided to
sue them to recover monies that we felt owed to us. So we went looking
for a lawyer.

Note, no lawyer came looking for us.

And, yes, we were able to prove our case and did recover our
$1,000,000, whereupon we had to pay our lawyer :-)
--

Cheers,

John B.