Old April 13th 08, 04:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

Default BE there any bike related postings here anymore?

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 10:14:00 -0700, Jym Dyer wrote:

Maybe I'll paint the frame when (if) the weather becomes
conducive. I think I and the bike would like something
'60s-ish psychedelic.

=v= Beautiful Saturday and I'm sitting around waiting for
delivery of my "psycho lime" bike. (You can google the color.)

Yes. Most of us are probably out riding when we can.

=v= True enough. Others are spamming when they can, though. :-(
_Jym_

"There's a SEASON?"
-- Yehuda Moon

Spam already comes in a can.

My server has good filters so authors I see (or not, based on my
filters) are mainly OT: involved in on going ****ing contests, flames
and troll baiting by the regular experts at such, (mia culpa). Or,
they're in my watch file.

IIRC, Eric S. Sande and Peter Cole were the first people who
responded to my first posts in r.b.m. Many of the ideas presented
here, including yours, have influenced my thinking about cycling
protocols.

Online communication among local people who are likely to know each
other or meet in the future has a more civil tone but I dislike the
interface compared to plain text. A BBS would be better for me.

A picture is worth a thousand words so they use a lot of txt msg
spelling. Being moderated, as it must be to protect the host from
defamation hassles, makes for a tamer exchange than often times found
on Usenet. Fewer threads wander into far off-topic hostilities.

I found the Velolove list a little _too_ moderated with many OT
political/environmental posting hoping to mobilise cyclists for the
cause du jour.

Between the Momentum calendar and fixedvancouverdotcom, I can find a
ride anytime.
--
zk