Old February 6th 08, 04:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle
not all there

Default Truth in advertising???

On Feb 6, 9:07 am, wrote:
On Feb 5, 4:05 pm, kanangara kanangara.34a...@no-

mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
BT Humble Wrote:

Incidentally, why do roadies have such a loathing for triple front
chainrings? Is it just a machismo thing, or does it have some logical
basis?
BTH

I loathe doubles too. Next you'll be trying to convince us you need
more than one ring on the rear.

Parbs

--
kanangara

Damn right. The bike I rode today has only one chainring up front and
one sprocket out back. Mind you, I still have 8 ratios to choose
from :-D

Is it my imagination, or is there a rash of extremely **** road bikes
being touted online at the moment? This Interweb thingy has a lot to
answer for.

You could buy the same thing at any department store for $150 on
special. It's a complete turd. $1450 - for that you'd get at least
Tiagra STI, probably a full groupset from a run of the mill bike shop.
Who are they actually sucking in?