Old July 25th 03, 09:53 PM
archer

Default Tyler Hamilton is a big liar head

In article ,
says...
(Appkiller) wrote:

"LUZ-ARDIDEN, France (Reuters) - Overall leader Lance Armstrong had
former team mate Tyler Hamilton to thank for his victory on the 15th
stage of the Tour de France Monday.

Hamilton slowed down the favorites group, which included second-placed
German Jan Ullrich, after the defending champion crashed on the climb
to the finish.

Armstrong had just counter-attacked behind Iban Mayo when he appeared
to get a spectator's bag snagged in his brake lever, bringing himself
and the Basque rider crashing to the ground.

"There's an unwritten rule in cycling that when the yellow jersey
crashes or has a mechanical (problem) you wait for him," said
Hamilton, who was Armstrong's right-hand man at U.S. Postal until he
left the team at the end of 2001.

"I didn't feel like the riders were waiting and I felt a
responsibility to go to the front and make a hand gesture to slow
down...."

Yes, Mark, you are right, he didn't mention Ullrich by name. But
Ullrich was in the referenced group that the direct quote in the
Reuters article refers to. I take it that your contention is that
Ullrich was not physically present in the group slowed by Hamilton?.

Explain then how AFTER Ullrich had dropped everyone else (with
Armstrong and Mayo) soundly, Hamilton found himself almost immediately
AHEAD of Ullrich if he WASN'T waiting. The move by the top three was
decisive and no one was going to hold their wheels. It's clear (from
the video, from the interviews) that Ullrich did indeed wait. Trying
to read that he didn't into the above excerpt, AND ignoring the fact
that had Ullrich really put the hammer down, no one would have caught
him, much less the entire group he had just dropped like a rock.

He hadn't dropped them; he was just behind Mayo; if you watch the video,
you can see him dodging to the left to avoid the crash. If you mean that
those 3 had dropped the rest, then you are correct.

--
David Kerber
An optimist says "Good morning, Lord." While a pessimist says "Good