Old May 30th 07, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

Default Weak Braking - Shimano 105

wrote in message
oups.com...
You have either stretched that cable, or it has slipped through the nut
at the actual brake.

That's what I thought at first, but even with the cable very (i.e.
too) tight, I can't get the brake to work properly. I should have
said that in my post. The sensation is much like having an oily brake
pad (I don't) - I'm gripping hard and getting a firm response from the
lever, but it just doesn't stop the wheel from turning.

Mine feel like that - I assumed my brake blocks are crap though and/or oily.

Have you got crud in the outer tubes on the cable which is making it hard
for the cable to slide? Or - perhaps due to a bump - has the outer tubing
got a kink/sharp bend in it which the cable is struggling to pull around?
--
peter

Cheap train tickets database
http://www.petereverett.co.uk/tickets/

Email sent to this address is generally deleted upon arrival
Visit website if you want to contact me