Old October 20th 03, 02:59 PM
Pete Biggs

Default Which Campy Ergo/derailleurs go with Shimano 9s cassette--9s or 10s?

Kovie wrote:
Put another way, if I want to use Campy Ergo shifters with a
Shimano-compatible hub and 9s cassette:

1 - Can I use Campy 10s front/rear derailleurs and 10s Ergos, and if
so are there any adjustments needed and/or limitiations involved in
terms of performance, reliability or durability?

Can't use 10sp Ergos with Shimano 9sp cassette (because sprocket spacing
is wrong) unless you modify the Ergos to 9sp (not worth it and no need) or
you do the following..........
http://www.hubbub.com/ergoleverswshim9.htm

Note. 9sp Ergos can be converted to 10sp by changing an internal part of
two (not an easy job).

I'm not sure about 10sp front derailleur with 9sp chain.

4 - Does it matter either way whether I go for Campy or Shimano
BBs/cranks? If it's all the same, I'd prefer to go Campy with these.

Ergos will work with ANY crankset and front derailleur. Campag cranks
require Campag BB.

~PB