Old July 21st 19, 10:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

On 21/07/2019 04:36, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, July 20, 2019 at 10:31:20 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 05:18:35 +0700, John B.
wrote:

While I never patch a rubber boat in the N. Sea I did have a
"rubber" dinghy with one of my sailboats that leaked, There was a
place in town that actual built rubber dinghies and I went to
them for help and they gave me a half tube of "glue" and some
patching material which was just the same material that the
dinghy was built with which was a single layer of some sort of
"cloth" with rubber on both sides all bonded into one sheet of
material.. The glue had to be kept in the fridge for some reason,
perhaps because it had been opened.

The technique was the same as a inner tube - blow it up find the
leak, mark the leak with a magic marker, deflate, sand the leak
area and spread glue on both the tube and the patch, let dry and
than apply the patch and clamp in place with two pieces of wood
and a C clamp.Come back tomorrow and inflate it. Worked every
time.

It's more fun to do a hot patch.

Old School Vulcanizing Tire Patch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ennV0BVFZVw (Notice how he leaves
the can of mineral spirits wide open while he has an open fire
burning a few inches away).

Today, electrically heated tire vulcanizers are safer (but less
fun): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32634935852.html

-- Jeff Liebermann 150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com Santa Cruz CA 95060
http://802.11junk.com Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS
831-336-2558

Notice the open bottle of beer too? Perhaps that explains it.

The shopping list is interesting as well!