Old December 30th 04, 01:58 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
Ron Hardin writes:
Tom Keats wrote:
I finally parted ways with my Cheng Shins, after 8-10K kilometers.
I went looking for a new pair of the same, but ended up instead
with IRC Metros, from The Bike Doctor. $11.69 each. They at least
look similar to the Cheng Shins.

Cheng Shin makes the sturdiest, longest lasting tire I've ever seen. They
have amazingly high rolling drag, however. You go 10% faster with anything else.

I noticed that effect too, but over time it seemed to diminish.
I wonder if there's a break-in period for those things.

And I never was totally confident with their cornering. But
I sure got a lot of good use out of them. If it wasn't for the
gash in the rear one, I'd still be using them. I'm keeping the
front one on standby in the basement shop as a spare.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.