Old November 16th 11, 08:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

Default It's Tuesday

On Nov 15, 5:46*pm, BL wrote:
On 11/15/2011 7:34 PM, Jimmy July wrote:

On 11/15/2011 8:11 AM, William R. Mattil wrote:
On 11/15/2011 8:02 AM, BL wrote:
On 11/15/2011 8:36 AM, Brad Anders wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/arms...-for-federal-b....

Looks like Laff's Tuesday may be coming soon. Or not.

Up to $5 million for his defense team thus far. I've seen other
estimates of $3 to $3.5 million. Regardless, that's a lot of money for a
guy who has nothing to hide.

What an idiot .....

You better than anyone should know that this is simply legalized
extortion.

No, BL has been consistent in saying that N-1 out of N of all people
investigated by grand juries are guilty. The fact that there is an
investigation proves guilt.

I have never said that. There was a prosecutor in New York state who
once told a jury during summation that the state does not indict
innocent people--but, that was reversed on appeal.

I can understand any target of a gj investigation lawyering up. But this
amount of lawyering up is extraordinary for a person who has done no wrong.

Another possibility is that LA may believe that support for this case
by the FDA is poor, and that by publicizing that he's put together a
high-end legal team and will tooth-and-nail against the feds, he'll
get Novitzky's bosses to drop this case and head for greener pastures
- e.g. the dozens and dozens of food contamination cases out there for
the picking. Given that no knowledge of any "smoking gun" evidence in
this case has been revealed, perhaps this silence from the feds is an
indication they're letting it die.

BTW, again, I think LA doped, that Postal doped and used sponsorship
money for dope, just like all the other top GC riders and other teams
were/are doing. I just don't think that in the case of LA, anyone is
going to be able to prove it in court and get convictions. I'd rather
see Novitzky and the FDA working on cases that have more significance
to the majority of citizens.