Old August 22nd 04, 02:12 PM
MSeries

Mark Thompson wrote in message . 193.157...
If you end up looking for camping around 10 miles north of Blairgowrie
on the A93 (Very specific, I know!), you'll find a farm there who's
owner runs a small, basic campsite.

Ah, that'll be the farm scrabbles around looking for slip of paper at
Middleton of Dalrulzion. Yep, that's already circled on the map thanks to
your rave review :-) Cheers for the food advice too.

Good luck.

Cheers.

Mark.

From there to Tomintoul is a tough but doable 58 mile ride to
Tomintoul where you'll be able to cap for free in the official
Glenlivet Estate free campground. It i=has no facilities but is a
short ride ( 1mile) to the town where the public lavs have hot and
cold water. When I arrived in Tomintoul the lady at the YH told me
about this place as the YH was full. She also invited me to take a
shower at the YH, I was minging after 58 miles in the hills, and have
a coffee in their members kitchen.

I will be doing a write up on my ride soon, essentially I rode from
Leeds to Brora, my days were as follows

Leeds - Hartlepool (Rellies)
Hartlepool - Wooler (YHA)
Wooler - Edinburgh (Jon Senior)
Edninburgh - 10 miles N of Blairgowrie (cheap camping)
10 M N of B - Tomintoul (free camping)
Tomintoul - Contin (near Dingwall, camping)
Contin - Brora (camping)
Brora - Inverness (camping)

You'll notice that when I was in Contin I was a little off route
regarding heading for JOG, I was having a bad day and needed to stop,
I headed for a non existent YH at Strathpeffer then for the closest
campsite. I did really realise at the time that I was so far, about 10
miles, in the wrong direction. Whilst travelling alone none of the
camping cost more than £5 and all of the sites I used can be
recommended.