Old July 7th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bob sullivan

Default Davey Millar on Saturday

Andre wrote:
On Jul 5, 7:28 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:10:36 -0700, Andre
wrote:

On Jul 5, 7:02 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 15:37:38 -0700, Andre
wrote:
after having signed Basso which
was illegal at the the time.
Illegal? What laws were broken?
The law that prvented teams from signing riders under investigation.

That's a law? In what country? Or is it an EU law? What legislature
passed such a law?

Call it what you want, but you know what I'm referring to don't you?
Maybe it wasn't a law but a requirement that teams could not sign
riders under investigation if they wanted to compete in major races.

I thought CONI had closed the investigation into Basso at the time that
Disco signed him. If that's the case, then they didn't break the
agreement, because he was, at that moment, in the clear. He resigned
after CONI reopened the case.

~bob s.