Old July 30th 04, 09:27 AM
Bill Baka

Default Bicyclists going wrong way and other crimes

On 29 Jul 2004 21:07:09 -0700, Laura Bush murdered her boy friend
wrote:

Alex Rodriguez wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Was making a right a few days back and looked to my left and saw it
was clear so started making the turn. And theres a cyclist 20 feet
away coming right towards me hugging the curb on his left side of the
road. Didn't hit him but certainly could have. Cyclists do this a lot
and i understand why - for them it is safer. But i'm sure it's
illegal. Also saw a cyclist run a red light to make a left hand turn
with a cop stopped at the intersection. Cop did nothing.

WRONG! It is not safer to ride against traffic. Hopefully this cyclist
will figure out the error of his ways before he gets hurt, or causes
seomeone
else to get hurt.
--------------
Alex

Yes it is safer. Cause then they can see any car headed towards them.
When they're on the right side, the cars are coming from their rear.

Thanks for that, since that is exactly my point. If you see someone
coming at you hugging the shoulder or weaving while under the influence
you have a bit more time to think about pulling over into the weeds/ditch
and avoiding getting hit. I also have to deal with farm equipment that
takes up most of the road.
Bill Baka

--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/