Old September 20th 19, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
NFN Smith[_2_]

Default AG: Special clothing for the bike

Frank Krygowski wrote:
Another design my wife likes is an ankle strap modeled on the "slap
bracelet" that was briefly popular with kids. It's a thin spring steel
strap about 10" long that's pre-stressed in such a way that if you
extend it all the way, it stays straight; but if you bend it at any
point, it snaps into a circular shape.

She has one leg strap made with that spring steel, covered with
reflective plastic. It snaps in place around her pant cuffs. And I don't
doubt that the reflective surface helps at night. The "biomotion" of
pedaling grabs attention.

When I was writing, I did think of the spring steel bracelet, but didn't
mention. I was never comfortable with that design. I never used it, and
just by appearance, it felt too constricting. I was much more content
with designs of soft plastic, or nylon strap.

Now that I think of it, I wonder what I did with my old ankle bands... I
don't remember throwing them away, but I can't imagine that I didn't.

Smith