Old December 22nd 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

Default this trucker's killed 3 cyclists in 3 different accidents

On Dec 22, 1:33*pm, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."
wrote:
Dumbasses -

I find this to be somewhat unbelievable.

From:http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_16915266

Dumbass,

It's actually two cyclists, the first one was a car driver.

The section of Highway 1 where he had the head-on
with the car driver is mostly two lane and potentially
pretty dangerous, if your attention wavers. If the other
driver really was weaving ... but given his subsequent
history, I wouldn't be surprised if he also was at fault.

The two cyclists' accidents make me think that this guy
has a habit of surprising people when changing lanes
or turning. It may be the cyclists were in the wrong place,
but most of us have been in the wrong place at some
time or another and through luck or warning, escaped.

Regardless, I think by the time you've been involved in
three fatal accidents, it's time to find another line of work.

Fredmaster Ben

Family of Los Altos Hills cyclist files wrongful death suit against
trucker, demolition company

By Jesse Dungan
Daily News Staff Writer
Updated: 12/22/2010 09:10:06 AM PST

The family of a 47-year-old Los Altos Hills woman killed when her
bicycle collided with a big rig last month has filed a wrongful death
lawsuit against the truck's driver and his employer.

The complaint was filed in San Mateo County Superior Court on Monday,
the same day the California Highway Patrol released a report that
concluded trucker Gabriel Manzur Vera was not at fault in the crash
that killed Lauren Perdriau Ward.

The suit names Vera and the Castroville-based demolition company he
works for, Randazzo Enterprises, as defendants. It alleges that the
Nov. 4 crash on Alpine Road near Portola Valley was a result of Vera's
negligence in driving directly into the path of Ward's bike.

Earlier this year, Lauren Perdiau Ward, 47, was killed in a bicycle
accident. (Photo courtesy of Bob Ward)
Vera and Randazzo Enterprises paid $1.5 million to settle a separate
wrongful death suit stemming from a 2007 collision that involved the
trucker and a bicyclist in Santa Cruz.

Vera has been involved in three fatal collisions while on the job,
according to CHP records, but investigators have never found him to be
at fault.