Old June 2nd 04, 07:22 AM
Marty Feldman

Default Further to Claire Petersky's rant

"psycholist" wrote in message ...
I've been frequenting the same bike shop for the last dozen years. I tried
one time to figure up all the money I've spent there. I think it's $40,000
easily. That's probably low. I've bought several bikes, several sets of
expensive wheels, a universal gym, countless tires and tubes, clothing,
helmets, shoes, etc. etc.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone in there and found nothing but new
faces to whom I'm absolutely nobody.

oh, i know what you mean. whenever i bring this up at the whorehouse
i've been frequenting for the last dozen years, they always mumble
something about high volume and low margins, before giving me a number
and making me wait in the corner. i want somebody to know me, dammit.
and if they do know me, they better be sincere about it, or i'll file
a complaint. after all, i'm willing to pay a little more for
sincerity.

It's really rather frustrating. I
live in the country ... 45 minutes away from this store. If I'm there, it's
because I really need something. And often I get the kind of "X" er
treatment Claire describes. It drives me nuts.

The manager, when he's there, is very attentive to me and acknowledges me
with valued customer treatment.

yeah, but does he hold your hand and whisper sweet nuthins into your
ear?

I've told him several times, though that he
should ask for pictures of his most valuable customers so he can make a
board to go behind the counter. It would have customer pics and names ...
maybe even a little data like, "serious roadie" or something ... so that the
brain-dead college kids who he hires might also be able to acknowledge a
valued customer.

It just doesn't seem like it would be that hard a thing to do. And I don't
really blame the college kids so much as I do the manager. How are they
supposed to know? But the manager should see that they know.

Bob C.