Old November 18th 19, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John[_2_]

Default Getting used to Time Trial Bikes

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 09:18:47 GMT, JNugent
wrote:

On 16/11/2019 21:07, Steve H wrote:

I gave into temptation last weekend and bought a run-out model

Boardman
Team TT bike for my triathlons.

I've ridden it once, but didn't feel comfortable on it - since them

I've
made some adjustments (moved the saddle back, flipped the stem and
adjusted the width of the aero extensions) and had a little ride up

and
down the road - feels a lot more comfortable.

But... how long should it take to truly feel in control of one?

I have a sprint duathlon at Castle Combe racetrack next weekend - an
ideal place for my first race on it - but I'm really concerned I'll

not
be confident enough to ride around other riders.

I could revert to my road bike - but this thing feels like it's worth

good couple of minutes over the 10 mile bike segment.

At last... someone posts something on topic for uk.r.c.

Well done.

Tell us of your cycling experience, then.

There's a "Well Done" waiting for you!

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug.