Old July 16th 18, 07:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default 29er "pedals easier"

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 21:57:01 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I think no motorcycles escaping the zombies is simply because motorcycles are really not very prevalent in the USA. And the screen writers are simply reflecting reality in their movie. On the road near my house, I hear about one or two motorcycles per day riding up the road. Compared to about 500 or more cars traversing the same road over 24 hours. 1/500th is about 0.2% I'd guess that is about the percentage of motorcycle ownership in the USA. No one I know owns a motorcycle. But I think they all own two or three or four cars apiece.

Estimates from various web pages:
8.4 million motorcycles registered in the US in 2017.
263.2 million vehicles overall registered in the US in 2017.
66.5 million bicycle riders in 2016.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D