Old July 17th 13, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default You really couldn't make it up...

Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 18:36:51 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:22:22 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:02:18 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 12:03:38 +0100, Judith
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:02:16 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

In/on what sort of vehicle does the operator most frequently
ignore one-way working, plus red traffic lights,
pedestrian-only status of a facility, etc?

Motor vehicle.

Please Sir : my dad says that that is incorrect: can you try
again: or perhaps provide some evidence if you're sure that you
are right. It would be bad form for an (ex) teacher to be
giving out duff gen.

1. Motor vehicle operators frequently ignore red traffic lights:
between 50% and 66% of them who have the opportunity to do so,
do.
2. Motor vehicle operators frequently ignore pedestrian only
footways by driving onto and parking on them.
3. Motor vehicle operators frequently ignore speed limits.

The only one of the list which motor vehicle operators do
infrequently is ignore one-way working. However, as I am sure we
can all agree, it does happen.

It is very rare that car drivers ignore one way streets, some
accidentally go up them the wrong way, but cyclists do it quite
deliberately.

It is very rare that cyclists ignore motorway restrictions, some
accidentally stray onto motorways, but learner motorists do it
quite deliberately.

Do you have any proof of that?

Unfortunately there is no distinct crime code for learner drivers on
the motorway.

We do know that there are approximately 9.5 million recorded
motoring offences committed each year, and this is likely to be a
vast underestimate of the actual number of crimes committed by
motorists.

Indeed, it could be said that motorists are the biggest single group
of criminals in the country, with few exceptions.

To get back to the subject:
so there may not be any deliberate L drivers on the motorways at all?

What do you think? Is it an unheard of event?

I have never read about it or seen it on telly, so yes, it is unheard of.
It is you that said it happens, have you heard of it?